Listening Activity: Trains & Travel
First, listen to this audio file then complete the following activities
Match the vocabulary with the correct definition:
|platform||a small piece of paper to allow you to use a train or bus|
|ticket||the place in a train station where people get on and get off trains|
|single (ticket)||a ticket to travel to a place but not to travel back.|
|return (ticket)||a ticket to travel to a place and back again.|
Where does each person want to go?
- Which platform does the 10:15 train to Cambridge leave from?
- How much is a single ticket to Manchester? (e.g. 15.95)
- Which platform does the 12:30 train to Manchester leave from?
- What time does the train arrive at Exeter?
- What time is the train back to London?
- Which platform does the train back to London leave from?
Original content from: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org