Skip to content
Stating an opinion
- In my opinion…
- The way I see it…
- If you want my honest opinion….
- According to Lisa…
- As far as I’m concerned…
- If you ask me…
Asking for an opinon
- What’s your idea?
- What are your thoughts on all of this?
- How do you feel about that?
- Do you have anything to say about this?
- What do you think?
- Do you agree?
- Wouldn’t you say?
- I agree with you 100 percent.
- I couldn’t agree with you more.
- That’s so true.
- That’s for sure.
- (slang) Tell me about it!
- You’re absolutely right.
- That’s exactly how I feel.
- I’m afraid I agree with James.
- I have to side with Dad on this one.
- No doubt about it.
- (agree with negative statement) Me neither.
- (weak) I suppose so./I guess so.
- You have a point there.
- I was just going to say that.
- I don’t think so.
- (strong) No way.
- I’m afraid I disagree.
- (strong) I totally disagree.
- I beg to differ.
- (strong) I’d say the exact opposite.
- Not necessarily.
- That’s not always true.
- That’s not always the case.
- No, I’m not so sure about that.
- Can I add something here?
- Is it okay if I jump in for a second?
- If I might add something…
- Can I throw my two cents in?
- Sorry to interrupt, but…
- (after accidentally interrupting someone) Sorry, go ahead. OR Sorry, you were saying…
- (after being interrupted) You didn’t let me finish.
Settling an argument
- Let’s just move on, shall we?
- Let’s drop it.
- I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree.
- (sarcastic) Whatever you say./If you say so.