Exercise: The Colonel (Present Perfect)
I think I have had a very interesting life. I’m 73 now and I don’t work anymore. I was in the army for 51 years. I retired when I was 69. I have been to so many countries that I can’t remember all of them. I’ve been to Australia six or seven times and to South Africa three times. I have also been once to Russia but I didn’t like it at all: much too cold for me!
They say that love is the greatest thing and I agree. I’ve been married four times but never for more than five years. I don’t think women really understand me!
I’ve never been on television, but I’ve been on the radio once. It was a programme about life in the military about twenty years ago. I met the Prime Minister on the same day. Actually, I’ve met a lot of famous people: members of the royal family, famous politicians and also famous cinema and television personalities. I’ve never met the American President though which is a pity.
Because I’ve travelled a lot, I’ve seen a lot of wonderful things and have also eaten and drunk some strange foods and drinks. I ate cat and rat in India and drank something called Mirto on a little island in Italy many years ago.
- What job __________ before retiring?
- He worked in the army.
- __________ he in the army?
- For 51 years.
- How many__________ been to Australia?
- Six or seven times.
- __________ like Russia?
- No, it was too cold.
- __________ married so many times?
- Because women don’t understand him.
- Has he ever__________ ?
- Yes, he has. But never on TV.
- When__________ the prime minister?
- When he was on the radio.
- Has__________ American president?
- No, he hasn’t but he wants to.
- Where__________ cat and rat?
- In India.
- __________ drunk Mirto?
- Yes, he has. In Italy.