The island of Okinawa in Japan has some of the oldest people in the world. It’s famous for its high number of centenarians – men and women who live beyond 100 years of age.
There have been many scientific studies of their lifestyle and you can even buy cookery books based on their diets.
Some of the reasons for their good health are that they …
• go ﬁshing and eat what they catch.
• regularly do gardening and grow their own fruit and vegetables.
• go cycling and never drive when they can walk.
• often spend time with friends. They meet at people’s houses and play games.
• rarely buy food from a supermarket.
• do regular exercise, go swimming and lead active lives.