Job Riding Harley Davidsons
There is a special job opening for eight people who love riding motorbikes, enjoy long, hot summers, and like feeling the wind in their hair. The position is a summer internship for the legendary motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson. The company is looking for people to learn to ride its bikes and then ride them across the USA all summer. It is offering this job to celebrate the 115th anniversary of the founding of Harley-Davidson. The successful candidates will get special training to ride a Harley and must then share their experiences of their adventures of riding around the USA on social media. The lucky riders must also attend a number of events, including anniversary celebrations.
Harley-Davidson CEO Matt Levatich explained why his company wants eight interns to ride motorcycles all summer. He said: “We’re continuously working to grow the sport of motorcycling. What better way to engage future riders than to have a whole team of newly-trained enthusiasts share personal stories as they immerse themselves in motorcycle culture and community – all while gaining marketable career skills. I’m looking forward to following their journeys, learning about their experiences, and seeing them out on the road.” To qualify, candidates must show they are good storytellers, be able to use social media well, and describe what freedom means in an essay, video or photo portfolio.
- How many interns is Harley-Davidson looking for?
- What might people like to feel in their hair?
- How old will the Harley-Davidson company be this year?
- What must successful candidates share on social media?
- What must the lucky candidates attend a number of?
- What does Harley-Davidson’s CEO want to grow?
- What will the interns immerse themselves besides communities?
- What marketable skills will the interns pick up?
- What must candidates show they are good at?
- What word must job applicants describe?
Describe how these words relate to the story above:
- What did you think when you read the headline?
- What images are in your mind when you hear the word ‘motorbike’?
- What do you know about Harley-Davidson?
- Why does Harley-Davidson have a cool image?
- Do you enjoy feeling the wind in your hair?
- Would you like to apply for this internship?
- What do you think of internships?
- Why is Harley-Davidson doing this?
- Where would you go if you won this internship?
- Are motorcycles the best form of transport?
- What do you think of when you hear the word ‘job’?
- What do you think about what you read?
- What do you think about motorbikes?
- How much would you enjoy riding a motorcycle around the USA?
- What is “motorcycle culture”?
- What career skills might the interns learn?
- How good a storyteller are you?
- How would you describe the word “freedom”?
- What questions would you like to ask the Harley-Davidson boss?
Original content from: https://breakingnewsenglish.com/1804/180424-harley-davidson.html